Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

Florida Keys - YES PLEASE!

























A few days ago, we drove down to the Florida keys for the day. The keys are famous for a lot of things, two of them are Key Lime pie and Conch. Conch is a type of sea snail and is eaten a lot in the keys. Of course, I just HAD to try both dishes. Adam, my brother in law found a grrrrreat place called Calypso's Seafood grille. The Conch came served deep fried in batter with a side of fries, and was soooooooooooo good.


















After lunch, we went out on a boat to do some snorkeling out on the reef, which was pretty nice. When we came back I just had to try real Key lime pie, so again Adam found the Key Largo Conch house, an award winning establishment, famous for thier key lime pies.
I can't say it was the best pie I've had (key lime or other), but it had a really special flavor, and you could really feel the limes.

2 comments: