Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Surf and Turf

























A few months ago, I found a shop that gives free surf lessons on Sunday mornings. Since then, I've gone four times, but been to only two lessons. Why, you ask? well weather's a bitch, and so's not having the car. As you can probably guess by the lack of posts, I don't eat as much "fast food" as I might like, for health and financial reasons (even though at these prices, it's mostly about health). That's why I decided that I would have to work for this next junk food experience. I decided that in order for me to finally eat at "Steak n' Shake" I'd have to first work it off at a surf lesson. Now, that's fine, cause I love surfing (almost as much as I love eating), but how do you eat when there just isn't a lesson!?!?! week after week the lesson was either canceled ahead of time, or was canceled after I got up really early, drove to the spot, only to find out that it was canceled. Last Sunday it finally happened! All the stars aligned, the lesson was scheduled and actually took place, finally, I had earned my keep!! lunch of shakes, fries and burgers at 11:00AM (It's not my fault the lesson ended at 10:30).
















I ordered the Guacamole double Steakburger- (Two hot-off-the-grill Steakburgers with cheese on a toasted bun and your choice of toppings. Includes fresh, made-from-scratch guacamole, cilantro, squeezed lemons and limes and spicy chipotle mayo. The Guacamole Steakburger is served with our famous thin 'n crispy fries) and a Mint cookies N' cream milkshake (A blast of cool mint with chunky cookie pieces makes this hand-dipped milk shake irresistible. The Mint Cookies ‘n Cream Milk Shake is topped with fresh whipped cream and a cherry).
























The shake arrived first, and I must admit I was pretty intimidated when it arrived. It was BIG. REALLY BIG. It was also good. REALLY GOOD. I love anything with mint, chocolate and mint together being a personal favorite, so this shake was good! I was a bit surprised (and a bit relieved due to the also unexpected size of the shake) when the burger arrived, because it was much smaller than I assumed it would be (as most food in this country is soooooo BIG). The fries were thin cut crispy and delicious.



















As for the Steakburger, you could taste the Guacamole was fresh, a really tasty burger. the only thing that was missing was Mayo, which I'm known to be addicted to. All in all it wasn't too much food, although I think next time I might skip the shake and focus on the steak.
Surf's UP!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment